Here we are, it’s June, at the end of this month we’ve had six months of 2022. How is the first half of the year going for you? It has been a tough 12 months, 24 months, and as you’ll know from my monthly free newsletter, while it is okay to take the shoe off the pedal a little you still need to be posting consistently.
June is a packed month. The month kicks off with a double Bank Holiday in the UK for the Queen’s jubilee. Many community events will be taking place, it will be a fantastic celebration. What will you be doing to celebrate?
June is traditionally a month for weddings as suggested by the Greek philosopher Plutarch, though as any wedding photographer will tell you weddings take place throughout the year. June’s birth flowers are rose and honeysuckle, which would make a lovely bouquet.
It is also the month of meteor showers, with the Arietids, Beta Taurids, and June Bootids all happening, and in the UK Armed Forces Day is observed on 25/06/2022 to commemorate the service of men and women in the British Armed Forces.
Bloody Mary or gazpacho soup? Running for two weeks to 05/06/2022, British Tomato Fortnight will be an excellent week for pizza makers, grocers and caterers, and other hospitality businesses to share their recipes.
Cycle shops, leisure and tourism businesses, and any business that encourages employees to cycle to work, World Bicycle Day rides in on 03/06/2022. In the UK and Ireland this is followed by Bike Week 2022 from 06/06/2022. The theme this year is about ‘you and your local community’.
Breweries, craft beer sellers, public houses, and hospitality venues. Raise a glass on 15/06/2022 for National Beer Day, as supported by the British Beer and Pub Association, the Society of Independent Brewers, and the Campaign for Real Ale. Jim my VA has been telling me how much he likes Horsforth Brewery’s Pale and Magic Rock Brewing’s Cannonball (brewed in Huddersfield), though there’s lots of local breweries.
The Summer Solstice is observed on 21/06/2022 in the Northern Hemisphere. That’s right, midsummer is here (24/06/2022)! It is also World Music Day, when amateur and professional musicians are encouraged to perform in the streets. Hospitality venues may have a musical performance they want to promote.
Other awareness days:
- Children’s Day (International) takes place on 01/06/2022
- International Sex Workers Day is observed on 02/06/2022
- World Bicycle Day rides in on 03/06/2022
- British Tomato Fortnight ends 05/06/2022
- World Environment Day will be 05/06/2022
- Pentecost (Christian) and Shavuot (Jewish) are both 05/06/2022
- Trinity Sunday (Christian) will be 12/06/2022
- US Sewing Day on 13/06/2022
- World Blood Donor Day takes place on 14/06/2022
- Corpus Christi (Christian) and Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev Jr (Sikh) are both is 16/06/2022
- Waterloo Day UK on 18/06/2022
- Father’s Day UK is held on 19/06/2022
- World Refugee Day will be 20/06/2022
- International Widows’ Day is observed on 23/06/2022
- Take Your Dog To Work Day will be wagging its tail on 24/06/2022
- Bannockburn Day (Scotland) on 24/06/2022
- Children’s Art Week runs from 29/09/2022 – 19/07/2022