Monthly content prompts tend to feature annual events, and nothing is more annual than Christmas. Are you ready for it? Have you sorted out your festive social media content? What are you wearing for Save The Children’s Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 10th December 2021. I have a festive dachshund shirt – pics will be provided!
Beards feature prominently in December, with Decembeard starting 1st December 2021. A month-long campaign raising funds and awareness for Bowel Cancer UK, it is a good primary opportunity for male grooming businesses to show off their wares. That said, a lot of people can grow/wear a beard, so most businesses may want to share their beardy progress.
Trees also feature a lot during December. Tree Dressing Day takes place during the first weekend of December (though you may have had them up since Bonfire Night – heathens). Christmas displays are evergreen content (ha!, trees again), and will help you have something to post when there are not many other reasons during December.
And that is the Sunshine Digital Media December gift. Over December and through the New Year of 2022, you need to keep posting consistent content. You may not be able to do it every day but try to make sure you post at least once every 72 hours. Think about how Christmas traditions may relate to your business, what would you like to unwrap?
December will be a busy month for businesses. Retailers, caterers, hospitality businesses will have the lion’s share of the work, though there will be opportunities for everyone. There will always be opportunities to help other businesses. You don’t need to spend money with a small business to support them, you can:
- Like, share, comment on their social media
- Tell your friends about SMEs
- Give them moral support
- Leave a review, like someone else’s review
- Don’t ask for ‘mate’s rates’ or free stuff.
Now, there is something else you can do for me. It is going to be hectic this year, it is going to be a curious mixture of catching up on having a proper Christmas and feeling there’s still a lot more Covid to get through. So take a break, go for a walk, reach out for friends and family and say hello. January 2022 will be on us pretty soon, let’s take time to enjoy seeing 2021 out.
Other awareness day
- Hanukkah (first day, Jewish) will be 29th November 2021
- International AIDS Day is 1st December 2021
- International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is 2nd December 2021
- National Grief Awareness Week starts 2nd December 2021
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities will be 3rd December 2021
- Illumination Street week begins 6th December 2021
- International Anti Corruption Day is 9th December 2021
- World Human Rights Day is 10th December 2021
- National Workplace Day of Remembrance 2021 is 12th December 2021
- International Migrants Day is 18th December 2021
- Shortest Day – First Day of Winter will be 21st December 2021
- Christmas Day (Christian) 25th December 2021
- Kwanzaa begins 26th December 2021
- New Year’s Eve/Hogmanay is 31st December 2021