June is nearly here and here’s some ideas to shine online in the approaching midsummer – which is the 21st June and the longest day. We’ve also got Father’s Day, get the novelty mugs and pint glasses at the ready 🍻.
Smile, it is National Smile Month for the Oral Health Foundation. Make sure you smile and share awareness as it is also LGBTQ+ Awareness and Pride Month.
Don’t be red faced, British Tomato Fortnight will be 29/05/2023 to 11/06/2023. Bloody Marys, a juicy sauce for pasta, or simply raw, a great time to celebrate this marvellously nutritious food. Starting 01/06/2023, Volunteers’ Week is a chance to recognise the contribution volunteers make.
06/06/2023 will be the anniversary of the Normandy Landings and 14/06/2023 is World Blood Donor Day. June also hosts Pixie Day on 24/06/2023, on the anniversary of the installation of the bells of the Church of St Mary in Ottery St Mary, England. In Dublin, Ireland, and possibly bookshops across the UK, 16/06/2023 will be Bloomsday in commemoration of James Joyce.
Yoga studios and yogis in general, 21/06/2023 will be International Yoga Day. It is not a stretch to offer up some content. Maybe share beginner and intermediate routines as a Story/Reel. If you want to give yoga a try or improve your practice I can highly recommend Om Yoga Works and Jenn’s classes at Profit28.
If yoga doesn’t relax you, maybe Take Your Dog To Work Day on 23/06/2023. It might not be relaxing but it could be fun. Here’s the wonderful Ceri and Beau of Carbon Art on an adventure to choose Ceri’s next drawing.
Breweries and public houses 15/06/2023 is your day. National Beer Day will be the day you can show off your craft. 16/06/2023 is Sussex Day, tourism-related businesses, hospitality, and generally all those who are based or service the wonderful county. I’ve heard there’s a book somewhere about the county’s Duke and Duchess, not that it has had much press?!
Other awareness days
- Tourette’s Syndrome Awareness Month runs 15/05/2023 to 15/06/2023
- SANDS Awareness Month begins 01/06/2023
- International Children’s Day will be 01/06/2023
- World Milk Day is 01/06/2023
- International Sex Workers’ Day will be observed on 02/06/2023
- Global Running Day and World Bicycle Day are both on 02/06/2023
- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is 04/06/2023
- World Environment Day is 05/06/2023
- World Brain Tumour Day and World Oceans Day are both 08/06/2023
- World Day Against Child Labour is 12/06/2023
- Global Wind Day is 15/06/2023
- Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev Ji (Sikh) observed on 16/06/2023
- Day of Private Reflection (Northern Ireland) and World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought are both 17/06/2023
- Father’s Day and Waterloo Day will be 18/06/2023 as is Panic Day
- World Refugee Day is 20/06/2023
- Go Skateboarding Day is 21/06/2032 as well as World Humanist Day
- International Widows Day will be 23/06/2023
- Armed Forces Day and Midsummer Day are 24/06/2023
- International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking and International Day in Support of Victims of Torture are 26/06/2023
- Eid al-Adha 1st Day (Islamic, Feast of Sacrifice) begins 28/06/2023