“April hath put a spirit of youth into everything” (Shakespeare, Sonnett XCVIII). It is April again, a month for fools and William Shakespeare’s birthday (23rd). April is seen as a rebirth month, it is the start of the new tax year in the UK, when lambs and accountants can spring into action. If you would like me to help you put the spirit of sunshine into your digital marketing, get in contact.
First up is a very well known day, that many businesses and organisations have attempted to get right. It will take planning, you may spend more time afterwards fielding curious comments, though getting Arbor Day (Tanzania) on 1st April 2022 right can be something special. Oh, it’s also April Fools’ Day.
Stress Awareness Month takes place during April 2022. The Stress Management Society will be hosting a 30 Day Challenge where they are encouraging us to pick one action each for our Physical, Mental and Emotional Wellbeing to carry out every day. Their reasoning is that it takes 30 days to turn actions into habits.
Great news! There’s another legitimate reason to share your furry friends (scaled, feathered etc are welcome too.) It’s National Pet Day on the 11th April, yay! Are we bored of Mr Fish yet?
St George’s Day is a day for celebration on 23rd April 2022. It might seem a simple task, write about your business on St George’s Day, celebrating your particular Englishness, though what will you do to make it stand out. If your business is hospitality or tourism, celebrate what you love about your area or food. Do you make something? Where did you learn your skills to produce your work?
Dance schools and entertainment providers, get your shoes on for UNESCO International Dance Day on 29th April 2022. Foxtrot, American Smooth, Bill Bailey absolutely smashing it to the tune of Rapper’s Delight by the Sugarhill Gang, whatever gets your toe tapping, share it.
Perhaps more prevalent than ever this year – the WHO World Immunization Week – Long Life for All from 24th April 2022. Normal (ish) life gets to carry on due to a fabulous vaccine rollout.
Other awareness days:
- Bowel Cancer Awareness Month begins 1st April 2022
- Ramadan (Islamic) should begin 2nd April 2022
- World Autism Awareness Day takes place on 2nd April 2022
- International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action will be 4th April 2022
- National Beer Day takes place on 6th April 2022
- World Health Day will be 7th April 2022
- International Romani Day is held on 8th April 2022
- Palm Sunday (Christian) will be observed on 10th April 2022
- World Parkinson’s Day takes place on 11th April 2022
- Baisakhi (Sikh) is 14th April 2022
- Hillsborough Disaster Memorial is observed on 15th April 2022
- Pesach (Passover, Jewish) will be observed on 16th April 2022
- World Haemophilia Day takes place on 17th April 2022
- Good Friday will be 15th April, Easter Sunday will be 17th April, and Easter Monday will be 18th April 2022 (all Christian)
- Stephen Lawrence Day will be 23rd April 2022
- World Malaria Day is 25th April 2022
- World Intellectual Property Day will be 26th April 2022
- International Noise Awareness Day takes places on 27th April 2022
- UNESCO International Jazz Day is 30th April 2022