It feels like yesterday was March and now it’s September and there’s only four months left until 2022, dare I even mention the C word?! That’s Christmas by the way, ho, ho, ho! Even though September isn’t the start of the year and I’m approaching 40, I still get that back to school feeling, a sort of mini fresh start and the opportunity to smash the last quarter of the year out of the park.
These content prompts will help give you ideas for the month of September. As always, if you would like a helping hand with your social media strategy I offer a number of services to get you shining online.
Vaccinations are going well though it’s still a struggle for some businesses, and while Test and Trace is changing there may still be isolation bubbles. Speaking of bubbles and bursting, teachers and teaching assistants have been some of the heroic key workers during the pandemic, so there is an opportunity to raise awareness during National Teaching Awareness Day on 16/09/2021. All employees, employers, and the self-employed should be happy at work: International Week of Happiness at Work begins 20/09/2021. ThankYou #HiddenHeroes Day will be 29/09/2021 – who is your hidden hero?
Caterers, green grocers, restaurants and other food businesses, Organic September starts on 01/09/2021, a month-long campaign to raise awareness of organic products and the brands and producers behind them. Health and wellbeing businesses, as well as gifts and fashion retailers, might also have something to share about their approach to organic produce.
September will be Festival of Learning – Have A Go Month, encouraging more people to learn for themselves. Businesses that offer skills and training, like dance and music studios, may have something to say about the benefits of lifelong learning. Bookshops, craft retailers, even cycle and automobile repairs, can all offer learning to their customers, be it a book club, a knitting session, or basic equipment repair events. Dance instructors, it may be a USA awareness day though 18/09/2021 is National Dance Day In The USA. Coming 26/09/2021 is European Day of Language.
Butchers and caterers have an opportunity to share their perfect bacon sandwich on International Bacon Day on 04/09/2021. If your business offers vegetarian and vegan products you may want to subvert this awareness day to draw attention to the alternatives.
There should be more awareness days for accountants, bookkeepers, and payroll businesses. Payroll companies can share their approach to their clients’ businesses during National Payroll Week beginning 06/09/2021. Financial advisers have their opportunity to share their views on Pension Awareness Day on 15/09/2021.
Booksellers, authors, and storytellers in general, 06/09/2021 is National Read A Book Day – I try and read a little everyday, how about you? Childcare businesses may want to make a note of Youth Mental Health Day on 07/09/2021. Mid-September sees the return of Roald Dahl Story Day on 13/09/2021.
Aston Martin Day returns to my beloved Farsley, West Leeds, on 18th September. It is a chance to celebrate the early origins of the famous car marque. Towards the end of the month will be World Car Free Day on 22/09/2021.
Awareness that suicide is a major preventable cause of premature death, and there will be a number of events and activities marking it during World Suicide Prevention Day observed on 10/09/2021.
Tourism and hospitality businesses have the opportunity to share their local heritage during Heritage Open Days (10/09/2021 to 19/09/2021). Maybe your café is situated in a historic West Yorkshire mills, or your campsite sits alongside a famous Roman location. Seaside businesses may want to promote the Great British Beach Clean from 17/09/2021. Sports businesses and organisations should prepare content for National Sporting Heritage Day on 30/09/2021.
Yoga instructors and personal fitness trainers may have something to say about Balance Awareness Week in the UK from 12/09/2021. Fashion retailers, Jeans For Genes Day runs 13/09/2021 to 19/09/2021.
Health and safety business and fire prevention organisations will be able to share tips and advise during Fire Door Safety Week from 20/09/2021. Schools, childcare businesses, and cycle shops should make sure they share information during Bike To School Week from 27/09/2021
Other awareness days
- Oddfellows Friendship Month, Urology Awareness Month, Vascular Disease Awareness, and World Alzheimer’s Month all begin 01/09/2021.
- World Fun Fair Month begins 01/09/2021.
- National Doodle Day returns on 03/09/2021.
- International Day of Charity will be 05/09/2021.
- Migraine Awareness Week runs 05/09/2021-11/09/2021.
- Blood Pressure UK’s Know Your Numbers Week starts 06/09/2021.
- Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) will be 07/09/2021.
- International Literacy Day is 08/09/2021.
- Orchid Male Cancer Awareness Week begins 13/09/2021, as does Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Week, National Eczema Week and Sexual Health Week.
- National Coding Week also begins 13/09/2021.
- World Lymphoma Day is held on 15/09/2021.
- International Day of Democracy is 15/09/2021.
- Yom Kippur (Jewish Day of Atonement) will be 16/09/2021
- Yarh! International Talk Like A Pirate Day returns 19/09/2021.
- National Eye Health Week begins 20/09/2021, along with Organ Donation Week.
- Recycle Week starts 20/09/2021.
- Raspberry ‘Cavernoma Awareness’ Day is 20/09/2021.
- International Day of Peace will be 21/09/2021.
- First Day of Autumn falls on 22/09/2021.
- Forest Stewardship Council FCS Friday will be 24/09/2021.
- World’s Biggest Coffee Morning fundraising for Macmillan on 24/09/2021.
- Wool Week begins 25/09/2021.
- World Heart Day is on 29/09/2021.