Remember, remember the 5th of November. November is a month of remembrance…will you be enjoying the fireworks, wearing a poppy or growing out your facial hair?
Armistice Day will be Saturday 11/11/2023, with Remembrance Sunday being 12/11/2023. Guy Fawkes Night is 05/11/2023. There will be events in your community for all of these days, November is a month for remembrance. You’ll find me at Rodley Park paying my respects.
November might be a big month for writing. For many it means taking part in National Novel Writing Month, for those in higher education it is Academic Writing Month. While the first one is aimed at boosting novel writing skills by writing 50,000 words, #AcWriMo is for boosting academic writing skills during November. Will I ever start that novel?!
In the UK 03/11/2023 will be PHDay (Pulmonary Hypertension) with the theme of #WhyAreWeStillWaiting, asking why too many people still wait for far too long to get their diagnosis.
There will be plenty of content opportunities to help share awareness of mental health and suicide prevent, prostate and testicular cancer during Movember starting 01/11/2023. Expect outlandish facial hair designs, just not from me. I’ll be donating and will be keeping up with my regular hair removal.
The Anti-Bullying Alliance’s Anti-Bullying Week Bullying begins 13/11/2023 with the theme Make A Noise About Bullying. The week starts with Odd Socks Day. The UN’s International Day Against Violence and Bullying at School Including Cyberbullying (02/11/2023). Because we always need more, World Kindness Day is on 13/11/2023 and International Day for Tolerance will be 16/11/2023. Self Care Week starts on 13/11/2023 I’ll start by running a bath, and Let’s Stop Shouting is 06/11/2023.
Action on Sugar returns with the Sugar Awareness Week from 14/11/2023, with the theme of ‘breakfast, the most important sweet meal of the day.’ Planning a Christmas pub? Stir Up Sunday returns 26/11/2023, when home cooks spend the last Sunday before Advent stirring up their Christmas pudding.
Women’s Entrepreneurship Day will be 19/11/2023. Sunshine Digital Media is a female-owned business. I also support my fellow female business owners as This Girl Shines Online for This Girl and Find it in Farsley business networking group. We very much welcome men at the FiiF group too but we are currently mostly female.
There has been an extended period of financial uncertainty and it remains important to seek advice when money worries cause stress. Talk Money Week begins 06/11/2023, with financial service businesses being able to share content. Even though Black Friday and Cyber Monday offer the chance of making savings, remember it is only a saving if you were going to make purchases. And forget Amazon Prime days, it is always better to support local businesses.
It remains true that 27/11/2023 is Lancashire Day, just don’t expect much love for your posts from this Yorkshire lass. Like Saint Andrew’s Day for Scotland will be 30/11/2023, these days offer an excellent opportunity for tourism and hospitality businesses to share content about these areas.
Finally, International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women returns on 25/11/2023. Organisations like Support After Rape & Sexual Violence Leeds need help fundraising and raising awareness.
Other awareness days:
- Month long observances: Pancreatic Cancer Awareness, Lung Cancer Awareness (Macmillan), Native American History Month (USA)
- World Vegan Day is 01/11/2023
- International Stout Day barrels in on 02/11/2023
- International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists is 02/11/2023
- No Dig Day is 03/11/2023
- International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict will be 06/11/2023
- Hug A Bear is 07/11/2023
- Intersex Day of Remembrance is 08/11/2023
- World Pneumonia Day is 12/11/2023
- World Diabetes Day returns on 14/11/2023
- International Day for Tolerance is 13/11/2023
- Geography Awareness Week will be 14/11/2023 to 19/11/2023
- World Philosophy Day thinks up 16/11/2023
- World Prematurity Day is 17/11/2023
- International Men’s Day is 19/11/2023
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is 19/11/2023
- UN World Toilet Day is 19/11/2023
- Children’s Day is 20/11/2023
- Transgender Day of Remembrance is 20/11/2023
- World Television Day is 21/11/2023
- Sikh observances of Martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji on 24/11/2023 and Birthday of Guru Nanak Dev Ji on 27/11/2023