And just like that – it’s nearly June, last month’s further easing of restrictions means we’re on track for the next step. 21st June 2021 will be the longest day and hopefully the end of Covid restrictions.
Pizza makers, grocers, caterers, it may start on 25th May 2021 though British Tomato Fortnight 2021 runs until 6th June 2021. You may say it’s “tomahto” though I say it’s an excellent prompt for tomato related content.
Cycling-related businesses on the high street and in the countryside, Bike Week rides along from 30th May 2021 to showcase how brilliant cycling is. Gardeners, garden centres and wildlife-focused tourism businesses, Garden Wildlife Week begins 31st May 2021.
International Children’s Day will be 1st June 2021, children related businesses will have an opportunity to share content about the wellbeing of children. Child Safety Week runs from 7th June 2021 and organised by the Child Accident Prevention Trust. Drowning Prevention Week begins 12th June 2021. Children’s Art Week will begin 28th June 2021 and run until 18th July 2021.
International Pride Month also begins 1st June 2021. The Sharewear Clothing Scheme will be highlighting clothing poverty in the UK during Clothing Poverty Awareness Day on 9th June 2021. World Wellbeing Week runs 21st June to 30th June 2021.
Sweet shops, your chance to celebrate gum stoppers, alphabets, sherbet dips, and all your other products during National Candy Month from 1st June 2021. National Parma Violet Day will be 26th June 2021. Massage At Work Week runs from 3rd June 2021.
Chip shops, caterers, hospitality businesses, 4th June 2021 will be National Fish & Chips. How do you like them? Me – preferably by the sea with plenty of vinegar and scraps. If fish delights are not delicious for you, Cupcake Day is not to be scoffed at on 13th June 2021.
While we are progressing through the gradual easing of lockdown restrictions, frontline health and social care staff have been at the forefront of getting the nation through the past fourteen months. Carers Week and National Intensive Care Week both start 7th June 2021. Loneliness has been on the rise over recent years, accelerated by the pandemic, so the Marmalade Trust are holding their Loneliness Awareness Week from 14th June 2021.
Just as reviews help potential customers research your business, potential employees can find a host of information about what it is like working with you. Employer Branding Awareness Week runs from 10th June 2021 and helps realise the importance of highlighting company culture. 25th June 2021 is Bring Your Dog To Work Day.
Craft retailers, Sewing Machine Day will be 13th June 2021. Brother, where would we be without our Singers? Brewers have their opportunity to raise a glass to the mightiest of pints on National Beer Day on 15th June 2021.
Beauty retailers and saloons will be able to share content relating to Plastic Free Beauty Day on 17th June 2021. Wine sellers will have another opportunity to celebrate home-grown wine during English Wine Week between 19th June 2021 to 27th June 2021.
Other awareness days:
- The Great British Spring Clean 2021 runs 28th May 2021 to 13th June 2021
- National Patient Participation Week starts 31st May 2021
- Volunteers Week begins 1st June 2021
- SANDS (Stillbirth and neonatal death) Awareness Month from 1st June 2021
- Step Up For 30 – 2021 for Bowel Cancer UK runs 1st June 2021 to 29th June 2021
- World Heart Rhythm Week starts 1st June 2021
- Tourette’s Awareness Month begins 1st June 2021
- BHF’s Wear It Beat It month from 1st June 2021
- Coaching Week UK runs 3rd June 2021 to 8th June 2021
- World Environment Day 2021 will be 5th June 2021
- Butterfly Education and Awareness Day is held on 6th June 2021
- Cancer Survivors Day is 7th June 2021
- International Best Friends Day will be 8th June 2021
- World Oceans Day is 8th June 2021
- Diabetes Awareness Week runs from 8th June 2021
- Transverse Myelitis Awareness Day on 9th June 2021
- World Blood Donor Day will be held on 14th June 2021
- Men’s Health Week runs from 15th June 2021
- Cervical Screening Awareness also begins 15th June 2021
- Refugee Week begins 15th June 2021, World Refugee Day is 20th June 2021
- Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev ji (Sikh) will be 16th June 2021
- National Clean Air Day is held on 17th June 2021
- International Picnic Day is in the park, with a bear on 18th June 2021
- Father’s Day UK is 20th June 2021
- World Music Day will be 21st June 2021
- Children’s Hospice Week begins 22nd June 2021
- Breathe Easy Week runs from 22nd June 2021
- International Women in Engineering Day is 23rd June 2021
- Public Service Day UK is 23rd June 2021
- Armed Forces Day is 26th June 2021.
Lockdown easing (at time of posting):
England – Step Four (no earlier than 21st June 2021): The Government’s hope is to reopen remaining premises, including nightclubs, and to ease restrictions on large events subject to the results of the Events Research Programme. The same Events Research Programme guides decisions on whether all limits on weddings and other life events can be removed. Before Step 4 begins the Government will complete a review of social distancing and other long-term measures put in place to cut transmissions.
Scotland – Level 1 (no earlier than 7th June 2021): It is expected all of Scotland to move to Level 1, with greater relaxation of numbers allowed to meet up. Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues will remain closed though other leisure and entertainment businesses can open. Scotland is expected to move to Level 0 in late June, though there will remain some restrictions on the number of people who can meet indoors.
Northern Ireland: The Northern Ireland Executive is expected to meet on 10th June 2021 to discuss further easing of restrictions.